Magnetic Moves presents informative and interactive workshops for parents and carers. Participants will experience hands on activities and learn practical ideas which can easily be implemented at home or school.
The workshops are run by Robyn Sims (registered Paediatric Occupational Therapist) and Jo Larcom who together bring a unique knowledge and understanding from the perspective of an OT and a mother of a child with sensory processing disorder.
Sensory Processing is a complex neurological condition which can impact upon a child’s behavioural and developmental skills. It can present without any other diagnosis, but is also associated with Autism and Attention Deficit Disorder. Children with Sensory Processing Disorder may misinterpret everyday sensory information, such as touch, sound and movement. They may feel overwhelmed by sensory information, may seek out sensory experiences or may avoid certain experiences.
If your child has been diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, or you feel they are showing signs similar to those above, you will benefit from attending one of our specially designed workshops.
We are currently running three workshops to help parents, teachers and carers:
Sensory Processing & Children’s Behaviour: Making sense of it all
Duration: 2 hours
This workshop was created in response to a need for more information about Sensory Processing Disorder. It has been running successfully for 3 years.
- What do we mean by sensory development and sensory processing?
- How does children’s behaviour reflect their sensory needs?
- Overview of strategies to help carers cope with challenging behaviours
Sensory Diet: Movement activities to centre your child
Duration: 2 hours
This hands on workshop is unique in the manner in which it explores practical ways to centre and calm children both at home and school.
- Being a sensory detective – identify sensory triggers in behaviour
- How can we use movement activities to regulate children’s energy levels?
- Strategies and activities that can be applied to help regulate children’s energy at home and school
Understanding and managing Sensory Smart kids
Duration: 4 hours
This comprehensive workshop allows participants to gain a clear understanding of sensory processing experience practical strategies to assist children. It is a combination of the two evening workshops.
- What is Sensory Processing?
- How can children’s behaviour’s be a reflection of their sensory needs?
- How can we use movement activities to help regulate children’s energy levels?
- Strategies and activities that can be applied to help regulate children’s energy
Certificates of attendances can be provided on request. If you would like us to present for your organisation we would love to hear from you.
If you are looking for another topic or area of interest relating to child development please contact us as we may be able to help.
Our Worskhop History Includes
- Presentation at C&K Conference Bundaberg
- Workshops through Playgroup Queensland throughout 2010
- Professional Development for Child Care Centres
- Parent Information through Kindergartens
- Workshops presented at Chapel Hill throughout 2011
- Workshops presented at Red Hill throughout 2012
All Magnetic Moves products are proudly designed and manufactured in Australia.