Magnetic Moves was started in 2009 by sisters Joanne and Robyn. They are mothers to 7 children between them and Robyn is also an Occupational Therapist.
Magnetic Moves grew out of a discussion about how to manage busy homes, and help kids develop independence throughout the day. Jo was also looking for ways to help her child with sensory processing issues stay calm during times of transition and to know what to expect in online casino for usa players his day.
My Busy Day and My Busy School Week charts were created first followed a year later by My Toilet Chart.
The workshops grew from a desire to share information with parents and teachers/carers about sensory processing challenges that all children may face especially those on the autism spectrum and those with Sensory Processing Disorder. “We wish to help people understand these children better and to not automatically label them as ‘naughty'”. With Robyn’s knowledge as an Occupational Therapist and Jo’s experience as a mother of a child with sensory processing challenges the workshops offer a unique perspective.
Robyn’s continuing professional development history in this area includes:
- The Willbargers Therapressure Brushing Technique
- Calm Kids Yoga – Yoga for Children
- Brain Gym
- M.O.R.E – Integrating the Mouth with Sensory and Postural Functions
- Sonic Learning, The Big Four (C)APD, Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism
- A guide to using “Clincal Observations”
- Traffic Jam in my Brain previously known as “Getting Kids in Sync” by Gene Jereb
“We’re both very excited about the future direction of Magnetic Moves and look forward to expanding our workshops and family tools”.